Washington : Government Printing Office
|Sec. 3||72 Stat. 898.|
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. This Act may be cited as the "Federal Highway Act of 1960".
For the purpose of carrying out the provisions of title 23 of the United States Code the following sums are hereby authorized to be appropriated:
(6) For Indian reservation roads and bridges, $12,000,000 for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1962, and $12,000,000 for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1963.
That section 120(a) of title 23, United States Code is hereby amended by striking out "unappropriated and unreserved public lands and nontaxable Indian lands, individual and tribal," and inserting in lieu thereof, "nontaxable Indian lands, individual and tribal, and public domain lands (both reserved and unreserved) exclusive of national forests and national parks and monuments,".
For the purposes of section 2 of this Act each of the following terms shall have the same meaning as is given it in section 101 of title 23 of the United States Code:
(1) Forest development roads and trails;
(2) Forest highway;
(3) Indian reservation roads and bridges;
(4) Park roads and trails;
(6) Public lands highways;
(7) Federal-aid primary system;
(8) Federal-aid secondary system;
(9) Urban area.
Approved, July 14, 1960.