Washington : Government Printing Office
|VOLUME 23—1963 ||3854|
By virture of the authority vested in the President and pursuant to Executive Order No. 10355 of May 26, 1952, and by virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Interior by section 3 of the act of June 18, 1934 (48 Stat. 984); by section 22 of the act of March 3, 1909 (35 Stat. 796), and by section 17 of the act of June 21, 1906 (34 Stat. 354), it is ordered as follows:
1. Executive Order No. 3504 of June 25, 1921, as amended by Proclamation No. 2416 of July 25, 1940, so far as it reserved certain lands in sections 16, 17, 20, and 21, T. 22 N., R. 20 W., Montana Principal Meridian, comprising the North Pablo Reservoir, as a part of the Pablo National Wildlife Refuge is hereby revoked. The released lands are the same as those described in paragraph 2 (d) of this order.
2. (a) The Departmental Order of July 8, 1909, reserving certain lands on the Flathead Indian Reservation for reservoir sites under the provisions of the act of March 3, 1909 (35 Stat. L. 795), and
(b) The Departmental Order of February 23, 1910, reserving lands within the Flathead Indian Reservation for power and reservoir sites in connection with the Flathead Project, and
(c) The Departmental Order of October 3, 1911, restoring certain lands from the withdrawal of July 8, 1909, supra, and reserving them to provide allotments in lieu of those in conflict with power and reservoir sites, and
(d) The Departmental Order of November 17, 1913, reserving certain lands in connection with the construction of the Pablo Reservoir on the Flathead Project are hereby revoked so far as they affect the following-described lands:
T. 22 N., R. 20 W.,
Sec. 16, Lots 2, 4, and 5, and NW ¼ SE ¼;
Sec. 17, Lot 15;
Sec. 20, Lots 1 and 3;
Sec. 21, Lots 2, 3, 5, and 7, and N ½ NW ¼.
The areas described aggregate 326.01 acres.
3. Whereas, pursuant to authority contained in the act of June 21, 1906 (34 Stat. 354), certain townsites were, by Departmental Order of February 28, 1910, established within the Flathead Indian Reservation, and
Whereas, the lands in the Allard Townsite, established by said order of February 28, 1910, and described as the W ½ NW ¼ and NE ¼ NW ¼, sec. 22, T. 23 N., R. 19 W., MPM, have never been platted and have attracted no public interest, and
Whereas, the Tribal Council and the Commissioner of Indian Affairs have recommended restoration of the lands in the Allard Townsite, and the lands described in paragraph 2 of this order, to tribal ownership.
Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Interior by sections 3 and 7 of the act of June 18, 1934 (48 Stat. 984), I hereby find that restoration to tribal ownership of the lands in the Allard Townsite, and those lands described in paragraph 2 of this order will be in the public interest, and the said lands, excepting the tracts in section 16 and lot 3 of section 21 which have been patented, are hereby restored to tribal ownership for the use and benefit of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Indian Reservation, Montana, and are added to and made a part of tile existing reservation, subject to any valid existing rights and the easement provided for by section 5(b) of the act of May 25, 1948 (62 Stat. 269).
Assistant Secretary of the Interior.