Washington : Government Printing Office
Whereas, all Federal restrictions on the property of the Shivwits, Kanosh, Koosharem and Indian Peaks Bands of the Paiute Indian Tribe, located in the State of Utah, and of individual members thereof, have been removed, and
Whereas, Congress, by section 17 (a) of the act of September 1, 1954 (Public Law 762, 83d Congress, 68 Stat. 1099, 25 U.S.C. 757), has directed the Secretary of the Interior to publish this Proclamation,
Now, therefore, I, Fred G. Aandahl, Acting Secretary of the Interior, do hereby declare that
1. The Federal trust relationship to the affairs of the Shivwits, Kanosh, Koosharem and Indian Peaks Bands of the Paiute Indian Tribe and its members has terminated.
2. Hereafter, all powers of the Secretary of the Interior or other officer of the United States to take, review, or approve any action under the Constitutions or by-laws of the Shivwits, Kanosh, Koosharem and Indian Peaks Bands of the Paiute Indian Tribe are terminated, and any powers conferred upon the tribe by such constitution which are inconsistent with the provisions of the act of September 1, 1954, supra, are terminated.
3. The corporate charters issued pursuant to the act of June 18, 1934 (48 Stat. 984), as amended, to the Kanosh Band of Paiute Indians of the Kanosh Reservation, Utah, and ratified by the band on August 15, 1943, and to the Shivwits Band of Paiute Indians of the Shivwits Reservation, Utah, and ratified by the band on August 30, 1941, are revoked.
4. All statutes of the United States which affect Indians because of their status as Indians shall no longer be applicable to the members of said Bands of the Paiute Indian Tribe, and individual members shall, not be entitled to any of the services performed by the United States for the Indians because of their status as Indians.
5. All other rights, privileges, immunities and obligations of such bands, and of the members thereof, and all other powers and responsibilities of the Secretary of the Interior, remain unaffected, except as provided in said act of September 1, 1954, to which reference is hereby made for the provisions of Congress concerning the termination of Federal supervision over the affairs and property of such Indian bands and individuals.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto
subscribed my name and caused the seal of the Department of the Interior to be affixed, this 21st day of February 1957.
FRED G. AANDAHL,
Acting Secretary of the Interior.