Compiled and edited by Charles J. Kappler. Washington : Government Printing Office, 1929.
|Chap. 51||Kootenai Indians, Idaho. Sale of allotted lands of, in Boundary County.|
|Chap. 51||Deposit of proceeds.|
|Chap. 51||Tracts for Indians to be bought therefrom.|
|Chap. 51||Patents to issue.|
|Chap. 51||Provisos. Consent of allottees.|
|Chap. 51||Proceeds available for individual Indians|
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the Secretary of the Interior is authorized in his discretion to sell through sealed bids in unit offerings not exceeding eighty acres certain allotted lands of the Kootenai Indians situated in Boundary County, Idaho, at not less than the appraised price and deposit the proceeds derived therefrom to the credit of the individual Indians entitled thereto and to use such individual funds so derived to purchase tracts not exceeding five acres for each Indian living at the time of the passage of this Act. That the Secretary of the Interior shall issue patents in fee for lands sold hereunder to the purchaser upon payment of the purchase price, and trust patents shall be issued to the Indians allotted the tracts as hereinbefore provided containing restrictions against alienation for a period of twenty‐five years: Provided, That where the lands are held for allottees the consent of said allottees shall be obtained: And provided, That the proceeds derived from the sale of the allotted lands over and above the amount. required for the purchase of tracts for the individual Indians shall be available to the individual Indian's credit and may be used in the discretion of the Secretary of the Interior for the purchase of building material, clothing, farming implements, livestock, foodstuffs, and other necessary purposes, and for the payment of the reclamation charges that may be assessed against such Indian allotments by a drainage district created in pursuance to the State laws of Idaho for the diking and drainage of such lands.
Approved, March 11, 1926.