Compiled and edited by Charles J. Kappler. Washington : Government Printing Office, 1904.
|Chap. 93||Warm Springs Indian Reservation. Boundary established.
Vol. 2, p. 714.
26 Stat., 355.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the true northern boundary line of the Warm Springs Indian Reservation, in the State of Oregon, as defined in the treaty of June twenty-fifth, eighteen hundred and fifty-five, made between the United States, represented by Joel Palmer, superintendent of Indian affairs of Oregon, Territory, and the confederated tribes and bands of Indians in middle Oregon, in which the boundaries of the Indian reservation now called the Warm Springs Reservation were fixed, is hereby declared to be that part of the line run and surveyed by T. B. Handley, in the year eighteen hundred and seventy-one, from the initial point up to and including the twenty-sixth mile thereof; thence in a due west course to the summit of the Cascade Mountains, as found by the commissioners, Mark A. Fullerton, William H. H. Dufur, and James F. Payne, in the report to the Secretary of the Interior of date June eighth, eighteen hundred and ninety-one, in pursuance of an appointment for such purpose under a provision of the Indian appropriation act approved August nineteenth, eighteen hundred and ninety.
Approved, June 6, 1894.