Washington : Government Printing Office
By virtue of the authority vested in the President and pursuant to Executive Order No. 10355 of May 26, 1952, and as Secretary of the Interior, it is ordered as follows:
1. The departmental order of November 9, 1916, temporarily reserving and setting aside the following described lands for use of the El Tejon Band of Indians, is hereby revoked:
T. 11 N., R. 17 W.,
Sec. 2, W ½ NW ¼, SW ¼ SW ¼ (lot 5);
Sec. 12, NW ¼ NE ¼;
Sec. 26, S ½ S ½;
Sec. 28, SE ¼ SE ¼, SW ¼ SW ¼;
Sec. 34, E ½, W ½ W ½.
Containing 868.92 acres.
2. The lands which have never been used and are not needed by the Indians for any purpose, are in scattered tracts about 14 to 16 miles southwest of the town of Tehachapi. They are accessible only by foot, and are steep and rough in topography.
3. The lands are hereby restored to the operation of the public land laws, subject to any valid existing rights, the requirements of applicable law, rules and regulations, and the provisions of any existing withdrawals, provided, that until 10:00 a.m. on January 26, 1963, the State of California shall have a preferred right to apply to select the lands in accordance with subsection (c) of section 2 of the act of August 27, 1958 (72 Stat. 928; 43 U.S.C. 851, 852).
4. The lands shall be open to applications and offers under the mineral leasing laws and to location under the United States mining laws, beginnng at 10:00 a.m. on Janaury 26, 1963. Lease applications received prior thereto will be considered as filed at that time.
Inquiries concerning the lands shall be addressed to the Manager, Land Office,
Bureau of Land Management, Riverside, California.
JOHN A. CARVER, Jr.,
Assistant Secretary of the Interior.