Washington : Government Printing Office
By virtue of the authority vested in the President and pursuant to Executive Order No. 9337 of April 24, 1943, and section 4 of the act of May 24, 1928, 45 Stat. 729 (49 U.S.C. 214), it is ordered as follows:
Subject to valid existing rights, and the provisions of existing withdrawals, the following-described public land in Alaska is hereby withdrawn from all forms of appropriation under the public-land laws and reserved for the use of the Civil Aeronautics Administration, Department of Commerce, in the maintenance of air-navigation facilities, the reservation to be known as Air-Navigation Site Withdrawal No. 205:
Beginning at a point from which Corner No. 3, U.S. Survey No. 2244 (Tract A) at Barrow, bears N. 27° 51' E., 523.63 feet, thence by metes and bounds, S. 30° E., 800 feet, S. 60° W., 488 feet, N. 30° W., 800 feet, N. 60° E., 488 feet, to the point of beginning.
The tract described contains approximately 8.96 acres.
Permission is also granted the Civil Aeronautics Administration to construct, operate, and maintain a telephone line and an underground power line between the points described, for each line, below:
Telephone line. Beginning at a point on the east boundary of the tract above described from which the point of beginning of the tract bears N. 30° W. 210 feet thence N. 50° E., 807 feet to a point on the west boundary of the area reserved by Executive Order 6132 of May 15, 1933, for the U.S. Signal Corps. Unerground power line. Beginning at a point on the east boundary of the tract above described from which the point of beginning of the tract bears N. 30° W., 100 feet, thence N. 35° E. (approximately) 683' to a point on the south boundary of U.S. Survey 2244 (Tract A).
This order shall take precedence over but not otherwise affect Executive Order No. 3797-A of February 27, 1923, establishing a Naval Petroleum Reserve and Public Land Order No. 324 of August 14, 1946, withdrawing public land for classification
and proposed designation as a native reservation for the inhabitants of the Village of Barrow and vicinity, Alaska.
Public Land Order No. 151 dated July 19, 1943, establishing Air-Navigation Site Withdrawal No. 205 on the following-described lands, and granting a right-of-way in connection therewith is hereby revoked:
Beginning at a point on top of the escarpment, from which corner No. 3, U.S. Survey No. 2244, Tract A, in the village of Barrow, bears approximately N. 69° E., 1260 feet, latitude 71° 18' N., longitude 156°30' W. From the initial point by metes and bounds: Northeast, 495 feet, along the top of the escarpment above the beach of the Arctic Ocean; S. 5° W., 297 feet; S. 40° W., 272 feet, to a point on the edge of the escarpment, above a ravine; Northwest, 195 feet, along the top of the escarpment to the place of beginning.
The area as described contains 1.7 acres.
The lands released by the revocation of Public Land Order No. 151 are a part of the Naval Petroleum Reserve established by the above-mentioned Executive Order No. 3797-A of February 27, 1923.
OSCAR L. CHAPMAN,
Secretary of the Interior.