Washington : Government Printing Office
|Chap. 101||Saginaw County, Mich. Release of U.S. interest, etc.|
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the United States hereby relinquishes to the owner or owners of certain land in
Saginaw County all rights which it may have under article 7 of the treaty with the Chippewa Nation of Indians in 1819 (7 Stat. 205) to construct roads through such land. Such land, which was granted by the United States to James Riley in 1823 pursuant to such treaty contains approximately 640.0 acres and is more particularly described as follows:
Beginning at a post on the bank of the Saginaw River, the northwest corner of the fraction of section 25, east of the Saginaw River in township 12 north of range 4 east from which an Ash 10 inches in diameter bears south 24 degrees east distant 20 links and a Maple 7 inches in diameter bears north 18 degrees west distant 12 ½ links, thence east 115 chains and 80 links to a post on the line between ranges 4 and 5 east from which an Elm 20 inches in diameter bears south 17 degrees west distant 6 links, and an Ironwood 8 inches in diameter bears north 17 degrees east distant 6 links; thence north 62 chains to a post from which a Sugartree 8 inches in diameter bears north 26 degrees east distant 15 links, and a White Oak 36 inches in diameter bears south 16 degrees 30 minutes east distant 44 links, thence west 72 chains and 46 links to a post on the east bank, Saginaw River, from which a Maple 12 inches in diameter bears south 62 degrees west distant 20 links, and an Ash 12 inches in diameter bears north 64 degrees east distant 113 links, thence up the said river with the meanders thereof to the place of beginning.
Approved, March 29, 1956.