The Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Historical Society met in room 236, in the Capitol, at 1:30 p. m., Tuesday, May 4, 1926, with the following members present: Charles F. Colcord, president, presiding; Thomas H. Doyle, Charles F. Barrett, Mrs. Frank Korn, W. A. Durant, Mrs. W. A. Roblin, Thomas Edwards, William P. Thompson, Baxter Taylor, R. A. Sneed, Jasper Sipes, Mrs. Frank Lucas, Mrs. John R. Williams, Mrs. Jessie R. Moore, J. B. Thoburn and J. Y. Bryce, the secretary.
Minutes of the previous board meeting were read and approved.
The following new members were then elected:
Charles L. Kilgore, Atoka; Edna E. Kirby, Oklahoma City; O. J. Logan, Oklahoma City; Lucy H. Meacham, Okmulgee; Robert V. Mitchell, Oklahoma City; Basil E. Newton, Stroud; John Phillips, Pawhuska ; H. Paul Rivers, Hartshorne; Stella Renfrow, Oklahoma City; Mrs. R. C. Rochelle, Oklahoma City; Mrs. Helen Duncan Robb, Oklahoma City; Alvin Rucker, Oklahoma City; Walter R. Smith, Supply; R. K. Speairs, Muskogee; H. E. Thompson, Oklahoma City; W. B. Toney, Holdenville; G. A. Van Noy and Mrs. G. A. Van Noy, Tishomingo ; Paul A. Walker, Oklahoma City; W. G. White, Watts; Allen DeLesdernier Williams and William Henry Williams, Oklahoma City; Mrs. Della Young, Cheyenne, and V. L. Young, Wainright.
Annual Corresponding: R. S. Ellison, Casper, Wyo.
Honorary: Mrs. Walter C. Rowe, Colony.
Corresponding Life: Wm. T. Hunt, Oklahoma City.
The treasurer read her report which was ordered to be filed.
J. B. Thoburn, research director, was given permission to attend the Middle West Anthropological meeting at Columbus, Ohio, May 14th and 15th.
Moved and carried that a legislative committee of five members, with the president as chairman, be appointed by the president.
The following committee was appointed to outline the duties of the various employees of the Society: Judge Doyle, Judge Taylor, Judge Edwards, Mrs. Roblin and General Barrett.
The meeting of the board then adjourned.
C. F. COLCORD, President.
J. Y. BRYCE, Secretary.